Fair Oaks Toastmasters
The Sunday toastmasters group at Sunnyvale, California.
President's Distinguished Club for 15 years in a row.
The Art of Speaking
Anyone who is a strong leader has to first be an effective communicator. In Toastmasters you will hone your speaking skills, and you will develop leadership abilities - through evaluations, listening, mentoring, serving as club officers and filling roles in club meetings. You will take those leadership skills out into the world, running businesses, mentoring youths, organizing fund-raisers, coaching teams and heading up families. By learning to effectively formulate, organize and express your ideas to others, you can achieve all kinds of success. You'll be more capable and confident when giving presentations. You'll be more persuasive when pitching prospective clients. Want to be better at negotiating your salary with your boss? Networking at business or social functions? Motivating co-workers - or your kids?
Why visit Fair Oaks Toastmasters?
- Fair Oaks Toastmasters is amongst the oldest, biggest and the most prestigious toastmasters clubs in the South Bay with 30+ members.
- Fair Oaks is a very helpful community with a perfect blend of new and seasoned toastmasters with a strong mentorship program which can help you improve at a quick pace in your confidence, speaking and leadership skills.
- As a community club, at Fair Oaks Toastmasters you can experience the breadth of audience from all walks of life, multiple age groups, ethnicities, beliefs and backgrounds. We cherish our diversity. Practicing speaking at Fair Oaks can prevent the tunnel vision we all accidentally get accustomed to meeting people just like us in daily life.
- Fair Oaks Toastmasters offers a self-paced program that is designed for improving public speaking and leadership skills. By working through different projects in a supportive and fun environment, our club helps people become effective communicators.
- We are a registered 501(c) non profit, completely managed by the community. The club management is completely transparent and voluntary. The club officers do not take a salary.
- Guests are welcome in all meetings. Our meeting are free to attend as many times as you wish to evaluate not only the toastmasters program but also its implementation. There is no need to RSVP.
The club meets every Sunday at 11:00 AM, at the Murphy Park club house in Sunnyvale, California (see directions here). You’re welcome to join as a guest as many times as you like, for free! Be sure to check out our Facebook page for pictures of our meetings and events. Subscribe to our Facebook page by hitting "like" and we’ll keep you up to date on upcoming events and club news.
If you wish to sign up, the membership forms are available at http://signup.fairoakstoastmasters.com.
Table Topics Workshop & Open House
When: 26 Jan, Sunday at 11 AM – 12:30 PM
Where: Fair Oaks Toastmasters, 194 N Sunnyvale Ave, Sunnyvale
Details: Always wanted to learn how to improvise? Come and join us in learning from the best!
Declan Shalvey is Toastmasters Area B1 Director, coach and mentor for 2 clubs and an active member of 4 clubs. An engineer by profession, Declan has found his true passion in public speaking for more than 6 years. He has plenty of experience to share and it's gonna be a pure joy to learn from him!
Please feel free to invite your friends and friends of friends. The event is FREE for guests.
* Table Topics is a part of a regular Toastmasters meeting where you get a question and have to improvise to answer it for 1-2 minutes.
** Open House means it's a perfect opportunity to meet lots of new people, socialize and finally get the answers to all your questions regarding public speaking and joining Toastmasters.
Humorous Speech Workshop
Henry Miller DTM/PDG (11/10/2019)
Speaker Showcase Semi Finals
Open House (10/06/2019)
Humorous Speech Contest
Open House (09/15/2019)
Entrepreneurship Day (08/11/2019)
(CEO of Imaginate)
Annual Picnic Potluck (07/28/2019)
Movie Special Meeting (05/12/2019)
International Speech and Evaluation Contest - Area (03/17/2019)
International Speech and Evaluation Contest (02/24/2019)
Story Telling Workshop and Open House (01/27/2019)
Fair Oaks Toastmasters have speakers from all over the world with a variety of experiences to share. Our members include adults of a variety of age groups from college pass outs, to new parents and grandparents, from technology workers to yoga teachers all together in this common podium to help each other succeed in their goals to become better speakers.
Diwaleen Special (October 2019)
Summer Picnic 2019
Summer Picnic 2018
Speaker Showcase Semi finals (10/06/2019)
Our meetings are held every Sunday between 11.00AM and 12:30 AM at:
Murphy Park Meeting Room,
250 N Sunnyvale Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Remember, any one can attend our club meetings for free for as long as they want. Please plan to arrive by 10:50 AM so we can answer your questions and help you get the most of your visit.